Thursday, September 18, 2008

when will i learn?

God says not to worry...
so why do i worry?

God has shown Himself faithful over and over...
so why do i doubt?

God promises to never leave us...
so why do i feel alone?

God promises to provide for us...
so why do i feel like i need to take things into my own hands?

God has blessed me...
so why do i feel guilty?

it's been a rough couple of days. each morning when the alarm goes off, i want to stay in bed. i've felt that lump in my throat more times than i desire in a week. coworkers have asked how i'm doing and have commented that i don't seem myself. i've held back tears many times and have even let them flow...and to be completely honest, i'm struggling.

Father God, i need you. please grant me peace and help me to see you at work in my life and in my family's life. guard my heart so that i don't give up hope in your good and perfect promises. help me to cling to each one and rejoice in the blessings that you have given me. calm my spirit Lord and help me to trust in your perfect timing. i know your ways are better than my ways...amen.

8 comments:

The McWhirts said...

Matthew 17:20 "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move.

you are not alone. god is faithful and he always provides. he works in ways we cannot always see. keep the faith!! he will see you through. you are in my prayers.

jenn said...

oh my goodness jessica! i am totally lifting you up in prayer! i am sorry you are facing such struggle, but know that i am here, we all are here ready to help you any way we can. and i am so proud of you for turning to God. He is walking with you!!! love ya lots..m.e.

The Brown's said...

Oh Jess! I am praying for you and your struggles! I know that God will provide and He can calm your fears and sadness. Thanks for the congrats.

Jess said...

So many people love and care about you. Thank you for sharing your real emotions so we can support and encourage you. You will totally be in my prayers. The fact that you are turning to God, is an amazing example of the faith and love you have for Him. I know it must be very hard for you and I also know that God will be that comfort during this time and will provide you with what you need. His timing is perfect and although it might not be our timing, it is the BEST timing. I love ya so much!

ForSuchATimeAsThis said...

"Those who know your name trust in You, for You O Lord, have never abandoned anyone who searches for You." Psalm 9:10

I love this verse-we can know that no matter how alone or desperate or worrisome we may feel, if we cry out to God-He never abandons us. I don't know what you're going through Jess, but I pray that God touches your heart and fills you with hope and a calmness, and that you can have total certainty that He is in control and that He does have a plan, despite the circumstances. I'm a total worry wort and I have to remind myself daily that this world is just temporary, this is just a bus stop on our ride to eternity and Heaven with God-the struggles here are tough and the world around us seems to be unraveling, but this time here is just a blip on the map of eternity that we as Christians get to spend with our Jesus. I pray that you feel His arms around you today Jess. . .know you're loved :) I'm praying for you~

Paul said...

praying for you

Alicia said...

"For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to help you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
This verse is my favorite and one I always turn to when I don't understand. God is faithful and will pull you through. I love you!

Scott, Melanie, Gretchen said...

I felt this way for a long time after I had Gretchen. Ask your Doc. about it. I will keep you in my prayers.