Sunday, September 28, 2008

Big Boy Fishing-

Well I went away this weekend on a salmon fishing trip to Manistee River which is north of Cadilac, Michigan. I have never been salmon fishing before and it was very new to me. I have never caught fish this big and aggressive. I didn't actually catch one as we were a little early in the season and they weren't really moving up the river. However, my friend Tim Stankovich caught the first fish 5 minutes after we started fishing and I thought this was easy. I learned that salmon are very fickle and timing and weather conditions play a very large role in success or failure. However it was really fun and I will most definitely try to head up north again. This picture is of Tim and his fish which is 33" long and over 15lbs.

8 comments:

The Brown's said...

Wow, that is one honking fish! John and I thought about you on Saturday. We ate at Lunker's with friends and now know why you enjoy going there! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I forgot I could get on here and read all about the Davis Family! Tim had been bugging me about getting on Jess's "site" and seeing if a picture was posted. I checked Facebook and MySpace and reported to him that there were no pictures. He was bummed! Today I remembered this site that I have saved in my favorites. Soooo...that IS a ginormous fish and I'll make sure he see's this tonight when he gets home. Take care and have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't mean to stay anonymous! Sorry about that.

jenn said...

that is an amazing picture and a huge fish!!! it sounds like you had quite the adventure. and i know if you would have caught one we all would be invited over to enjoy the catch of the day :)...right :)? ha! love ya lots..m.e.

Alicia said...

That is a HUGE fish. After the next trip, I hope to see a picture of you with your gigantic fish. Glad you had a good time!

Jess said...

that picture is awesome!!! it sounds like a blast!! don't worry, you will have your day :):)

Paul said...

I think that fish would've pulled me in the water if I caught it

Anonymous said...

...by the way, the captian for this picture leads Tim to believe you are calling him fat...