and just incase you're not with it...notre dame won...so that means we had a happy household! go irish!!! here's a picture of our irish supporting family!
Sunday, September 14, 2008
dinner for six
at church we've been paired up with other couples in order to get to know each other better. we take turns having each over for dinner one saturday every month for three months (so we each host the group in our house once). i was in charge of getting everything together and assigning groups and it sounds like the groups are enjoying it. last night was our second dinner for six. we went to john and jennifer's house with brad and nicole. they had made homemade pizza dough and sauce and they had lots of ingredients at our disposal for usto make our own pizza. it was a lot of fun and a great idea. we then sat around and watched the end of the notre dame game while enjoying our yummie pizza. we even got to take the leftovers home with us. for dessert we had hot brownies out of the over with ice cream. it couldn't have been better. each time we get together we learn more about each other and we are all looking forward to hanging out more in the future, even when dinner for six is over. i'm glad to have such a great group who cares enough to invest in each other and fellowship with other believers instead of just showing up on sundays like some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Go Notre Dame!! What a neat opportunity to learn more about other people!! Great idea! How fun! Love ya!!
how much fun!!! what a great opportunity to meet and get to know others...especially around food :). awesome! and go irish! bears lost...but there is always next week! love ya lots..m.e.
The food you guys had sounds amazing-I could use a hot brownie w/ice cream tonight :)
So I joined-can you see my page? I did the whole email thing-but since I have you as a friend, or I'm following your page-whatever that means-I didn't know if that meant you could see my page automatically. Change is hard :) ha-hope you had a great night tonight!!
Jessica Bender
no, jessica...i can't see your blog. it says you need to invite me. my email address is jessicadavis13@gmail.com. i look forward to reading your blog! yay for change...although hard at times. :)
that dinner for 6 thing sounds awesome! that's such a good idea. we actually decided to stick with nappanee missionary. we found a sunday school class we like right now, so that's good. i don't know for sure what i'm going to do when a.j. leaves. the thought of going to church by myself doesn't sound too appealing. i love that picture of you guys! you are such a cute little family! when are you having another baby? :)
love the Notre Dame shirts! Chris and I both wore ours on Saturday too. We were both glued to the tv during the game! the dinner for 6 thing is a great idea! hope you're having a good week. Go IRISH!!
I almost could not comment on your post because I had to look at the picture of you all in your ND shirts. YUCK! But I still accept you even if you make poor choices in football teams! :)
that is so neat that you are in a small group. what a great way to fellowship and grow! it was a happy day in our house too....go notre dame! that is such a cute family picture. you have the cutest little family:) can you guys ever get tickets? it would be fun to go to a game with you guys sometime. chad has made a few comments lately about wanting to go sometime.
Post a Comment