Saturday, November 20, 2010

ultimate letdown

november 19th,
the day we had been waiting for,
the day we were going to find out the sex of our baby,
the day was finally here!


the day that has come and gone
and we still don't know for certain whether
we're having a
precious little boy or girl.


now, i know i may be a little emotional,
(i am pregnant after all)
but i was less than impressed with
my ultrasound technician.


the baby was not in the best position
to get a clear view.
and he left me with more questions
than answers.


"i don't see a penis or a scrotum," he said
joyfully i replied, "it's a girl?"
"we never guarantee anything, and i don't have the best view,
but i would lean towards it being a
GIRL."

a
now to a pregnant lady
who desperately wanted to know
for sure
this answer was not suffice.

there will be no going shopping,
buying bedding or painting a room.
oh, no, all there will be is more waiting...
talk about an ultimate letdown.

4 comments:

TWitmer said...

Oh Jessica...so sorry! God knows the PERFECT fit for your family and already has it planned out. Rats. Was hoping for lots of girl planning right away.

The Brown's said...

I feel your pain Jess! That is what happened to us as well on the 17th, UGH! Ours took so darn long I was losing patience with the lady anyway... I am hoping my doc doesn't hear the heartbeat tom. when I go and he gets out his ultrasound machine, then maybe we can find out. Good Luck!!

Jess said...

That is awful!!! So sorry! I was ready to do some shopping too! Either way, I know he/SHE will be perfect :) Love you!

walkingcloser said...

That is exactly what happened to us, Jessica! Our official ultrasound was unclear whether she was a girl or boy...but he said it looks like a girl bc I don't see anything boy. You should check out www.themiracleinme.com because we went there to find out since we really wanted to know! It's in Niles, MI and it's so nice and the lady is so sweet and really takes her time! And if they can't tell for sure they schedule another one for free the next week! It's very cheap, too. We paid 30 dollars I think! If you really want to know, I would call them and schedule an appointment! I was so glad to know! However, whatever the baby is, he/she is going to be absolutely adoreable! Just look at Greyson! He's so cute! :)