this week my second grade team "surprised" me with a luncheon in my honor to celebrate my birthday and wish me well as i move on to fifth grade. it was a top notch luncheon complete with a table cloth, flowers, and delicious food (even the food that was store bought...hmm..alicia). :) as we were eating, one of my future teammates poked his head into the room and referred to our luncheon as "the last supper". those words have been ringing in my head ever since. i've tried to be positive and thankful that i have a job, but teaching fifth grade is going to be a whole new ball game.
as the first box was packed and the school days dwindle to single digits, i realize my time is coming to an end in second grade. i am going to miss the community that we had within our team and i will dearly miss teaching beside one of my best friends. the end of this school year will definitely be emotional and bittersweet.
i guess there's nothing left to say but cheers...here's to the last supper and to new adventures.
3 comments:
Jessica,
My sister told me you would be moving to 5th grade next year. I'm sure it will be tough to leave your team but from someone who's taught 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th next year, it's a great experience to learn the different curriculum, age levels, and the great kids. I know I really enjoyed moving up a grade because the student's were much more independent but still loved me as their teacher. I hope only positives come from 4th grade as well. Who knows, you may really enjoy 5th grade. I know I'm always just thankful that I have a steady job, one that I love. You'll do great next year!
Oh my goodness! You brought tears to my eye Mrs. Davis! :) What a sweet and sad post! I'll definitely miss you being my neighbor, but am so thankful that you're still at Woodview. How about teacher meetings at about 2:00 next year??
This is a big step for you, but I know you will do great!!! Of course it will be a sad time at the end of the year and maybe a little bit nervous one at the beginning of next year, but I really do feel you will have such great moments from your 5th graders and they will just love you!!!! How could they not? :) Love you!
Post a Comment