Sunday, December 6, 2009

friends are such a blessing!

friday night we hung out with aj, vikki, and elijah. it was so fun being able to spend time with them as a family now that aj is back from iraq. the boys play so well together and they even went to bed together in the same room without any talking or goofing around. i was very impressed. we spent some time capturing pictures, eating wings and cookies out of the oven with ice cream, and watching two movies. we almost had a sleep over, but they decided to be party poopers and go home. maybe next time!

sunday jess and i surprised alicia with "alicia day" for being such a good friend. we wanted to treat her to a day where she didn't have to think about kids, housework, etc. and where she could just feel loved and appreciated for the friend that she is. we surprised her and took her to ruby tuesday's and then to paint pottery. she also got little gifts throughout the day. it was a very enjoyable, relaxing day with two fabulous friends. i'm so blessed to have such great friends!

5 comments:

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

This post was so fun to read!!! It is so awesome to see all the close relationships you have in your life! You are blessed! And I might add, I had an AMAZING time with you and Alicia on "Alicia Day"!!! Thanks so much for planning it with me! You are awesome and I always enjoy my time with you all! Have a great week :)...I get to see Jenn today!!!! Love ya!

(yeah, I deleted my first post...I found an error :))

Sarah said...

How nice of you two to do that for Alicia! :) It is such a blessing to be surrounded by great friends!

Alicia said...

Friends are a blessing. And how especially blessed I am to have you as a friend. I couldn't imagine my life without you...especially at work BLAH!! Love ya and thanks for my day!

walkingcloser said...

that was a really cute idea of you guys to do that for Alicia! you're so thoughtful! :)