Friday, May 30, 2008

Get Perspective...


Sometimes I really love my job and sometimes I really wish I could just do something that didnt involve talking to people at all. With everything going on with gas and food prices and anything else you would ever buy most people are in a foul mood when purchasing goods these days. My job is kinda of unique in that I am the sounding board for many of my customers complaints on pricing in general, which makes today not fun. So I was driving back home today and in a foul mood after getting my head taken off by a customer and I come to the realization that its really not that bad. Yes gas is extremely high and going to the grocery store is painful- but WE are so blessed. A bad day is being a soldier in Iraq during 110 degree day in full combat gear. A bad day is living in China and not knowing where my next meal is coming from because of the earthquake. A bad day is not being able to find work after being laid off from an automobile plant that just downsized. I am so blessed but how often do I forget how blessed I am? I have a wife that is a great mother to my son even when he is fussy. I have a job and a home and family, friends that love me. Its really not that bad being John. Sometimes I just need to remember to get perspective on life...Plus I have the opportunity of watching Notre Dame win the National Championship this year- so I have that going for me?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess perspective comes when a Davis sits on a cactus? or were you farting on the cactus?

Don't forget Davis, today the Chicago Cubs have the best record in baseball...and it's almost June!

Jess said...

great post!!...great picture!! you are so right! whenever i think i am having a bad day, i think of all the others that have it so much worse than i do and it definitely puts things in perspective. we are blessed people! sorry about your bad day, but at least we have God, family, and friends to get us through :)

jenn said...

loved this post and what great perspective! it is easy to forget how blessed we are. we definitely have more than we need. and i am blessed to know such an inciteful person :). love ya lots..m.e.

Anonymous said...

Will Do Jess! Thanks for the comment!

Alicia said...

When you have a bad day it's easy to think that no one's life could be worse. How smart of you to put your bad day in perspective of a truely BAD day! :)