Monday, March 5, 2012

gettin' my craft on...


i have been planning our family meals out by the month and making a grocery list for each week.  this has worked really well for me, but i always dreaded this task when the end of the month drew near.  that's when i saw this (there is a tutorial if you are interested in making your own...i didn't follow it exactly, but you'll get a good idea) on pinterest and knew it was exactly what i needed to save time and make the process much easier.  each clothes pin has the day of the week on it.  on the front of each card i have listed the main dish and where i can find the recipe.  on the back of each card, all of the ingredients are listed.  i can plan a whole week in no time flat and make my grocery list.  i typed these puppies up and can make new meal cards anytime i want.  it's great because if something comes up i can quickly rearrange the meals without any fuss.   i had everything on hand so this project didn't cost me a dime.  i absolutely LOVE my new menu board! if you are interested in my recipe cards, i can email them to you.  many of my recipes are on my pinterest board (my plan is to get all of them there...using the ipad is so much more convenient than papers and recipe books!)




john and i have been working on this for quite some time.  it really is a simple project but it took a long time because of all the necessary coats of paint.  my dad actually made the table and stools.  john painted most of the base coats, and i used contact paper to make stencils of the nd and shamrock.   i still need to touch up the shamrocks and we want to put a clear coat on it to protect it from dings and scratches but in the meantime it serves as a perfect table for greyson and his friends. 

crafting is so much fun!
Skip To My Lou

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my goodness Jessica, I LOVE both of the projects! The menu plan is such a great idea and looks super cute! And of course I love the ND table!! :) Nice job!

Crafty Mischief said...

How cute! We really need to implement something like this in my house. Thanks for sharing! :)

Kristina said...

Very impressed! Not the biggest fan of the ND table but I do think you did a great job.:)

Jon & Nicole said...

I love the menu board! I was recently reading about how to cook for a couple weeks and freeze it. I can't wait to come back and do cute things like this and be all domestic :)
Can't say I'm a fan of the table and chairs. Change around design and I'd love it too.

Alicia said...

Look at you! You are so crafty. I am sure you are glad the table is finished...although I don't think my kids will be able to use it! :) I love the menu board too. It turned out great!