Thursday, December 8, 2011

book review: a place called blessing


A Place called Blessing is a book about a boy named Josh who lost his parents in a terrible accident. He lived in a series of foster homes and thought he found his forever home until some bad fortune came upon him. Forced to leave, he spent the rest of his childhood in a group home with no one to call family. When he turned 18 he was on his own and decided to go to a far away place where no one would know him or the terrible thing he did. Through various events he ends up living with a mother and son in their garage/apartment. A relationship begins to build and walls are broken down, changing all of their lives forever.
This book tugged at my heart from the very beginning and resonated in my soul. It’s a book about overcoming challenges, forgiving one another and oneself, second chances, and the grace that only God can give. There were moments of sadness and joy throughout the book…it made me laugh and cry. I felt as though I knew the characters personally and was challenged by their actions and words to live a life of blessing for all those I come in contact with. I would definitely recommend this book to all of my friends!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

this book helped me check off another thing from my list! yay!
#6: read at least five books for enjoyment-COMPLETED
this marked number five! and i'm already half way through another book.  maybe i'm becoming a reader after all.  it only took me six months to read five books! :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

So cool! I will have to check this one out!!!!