Friday, November 11, 2011

slow. down. sista.

i wish you could see the pile of dishes on my kitchen counter, the endless amount of papers, books, report cards, and plans scattered on my desk at work, and the laundry that sat in the dryer for a week.
 
yes.  a. whole. week.

(welcome to the life of a wife, mom, full time worker, church volunteer, friend, daughter...well, you get the picture.)

i've been reminded through the stress and chaos of this week, to slow down and enjoy the ride.  i just have to accept that i'm in the stage of life where things are hectic, where i feel like i'm being stretched too thin. and while there are many days that i don't feel like i can keep it all up, i realize i'm not alone.

however, when i am greeted after a long day's work by this little one...


and the smiles of this sweet thing...


i remember what is important, what matters, and it all seems to disappear.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Amen sister! My house looks awful, but I am totally enjoying spending time with my kiddos! I love this post and your honesty! Love you!

Alicia said...

I am right there with you! But I know one day I will miss this crazy stage of life so I'm trying to enjoy the ride! :)