Tuesday, September 6, 2011

working momma

after a four and half month hiatus (okay, really a maternity leave and summer break), i have reentered the working world.  i'm sure you can tell by my lack of posting that it has not been the easiest transition for me.   i feel like there is always something that needs to be done (both at home and school) and have had little down time since the first week of august when i started working in my classroom.  i know i'm not alone in feeling this way as a working momma, but i do think i feel this way even more now that i have two children to care for, clean up after, etc.  i'm pretty sure i've only cooked a handful (a-as in one handful, oh who am i kidding, probably less than a handful) of meals since returning to work.  i'm trying hard to get it together, but it's taking me a while.  thankfully i have a husband who is understanding and who helps out a lot around the house and in the kitchen (and i've managed to con him into letting me pay someone to clean our house again...starting tomorrow!!!)!

i think part of the reason i'm having a hard time getting it together is because i switched grades again.  this is my 7th year of teaching and i've taught four different grades.  you would think i'd be a pro at it by now...but it's still a lot of work when you switch grades and have to teach a new curriculum. a lot of time was spent the first few weeks of august unpacking my belongings and i spent more time than normal setting up my room because i'm planning on staying in the same room for a LONG time! :)  i am teaching with one of my best friends again and another wonderful lady who i used to work with back when i was in high school.  we all get a long well and seem to be pretty easy going.  it's definitely a fun group to be working with. i've got a good class and am enjoying getting to know their individual personalities.

being a working momma isn't all that bad...its just a lot of work! do i hear any "amens?" :)

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

AMEN! I dont cook a lot, and when I do, it has to be egg free items for Tyler, so our meals consist of mac and cheese, grilled cheese, cereal, that kind of thing, ugh!

Jess said...

You get an AMEN from me! I can't imagine all the prep work you have to do and all the things you are learning...but I know your kids are blessed to have you as a teacher! You are a great mom!! :)

Sarah said...

It sounds like your life is full! :) Yes, believe it or not I am almost finished with my paint chip art! I'm so excited about it. I'm working on a couple of other things as well. I hope to be finished within the next week or so and I'll post pictures! :)

Alicia said...

I hear ya! It's hard when you feel like you have to do so many things for so many people, but next year at this time I'm sure it will be much easier! ;)