Tuesday, May 5, 2009

little g-man

Greyson has started walking! He still wobbles and falls quite a bit but is gaining momentum and is getting further and further without falling each day. This is very exciting to me, but it also makes me realize how my little boy is growing up very quickly!

He had his one year appointment a few weeks back. Everything checked out okay. He only gained two pounds since his nine month check up. I was excited about this and hope his weight gain continues to slow. He weights 27.8 lbs and is 31.5 (I think...I kind of forget) inches tall. He was still in the 95th percentile for height, and was just off the charts for weight.

As previously mentioned, he loves water! He's discovered how to turn on the bathtub in the master bathroom. He turns it on and off and put his hands in the water making quite the mess for me to clean up. We have also caught him in the toilet more times than I'd like to admit. If we forget and leave the bathroom door open it's like he knows right away and takes off for it. I have captured him playing in the bath water on camera, but have never let him continue to play in the toilet for a picture. I'm thinking I need to though. I've got to document his love of water...no matter where it may come from!

He's in the imitating stage so we're trying to teach him all sorts of new things. We're teaching him to put his arms up when we say, "GO IRISH". He does it sometimes, but it still needs a little work. Good thing we have until September. :) He's at a fun stage now and I'm really looking forward to summer and the joys that will bring! Only 16 school days left!

1 comment:

Jess said...

HOW EXCITING!! He is such a great little boy! And growing up way too fast :):) And I can testify to his love for water :) The toilet thing is hilarious...you have to get a picture of that :)