Saturday, January 17, 2009

change

change is enevitable. it is happening all around me...socially (family), academically, physically, and spiritually. i must say even though change can be challenging i'm excited for the changes that are occurring in my life right now.

socially: we now have a nine month old in the house (nine and a half now!). it is amazing to me how much he is changing in such a short amount of time. we no longer have a little munchkin who will stay put. he is into EVERYTHING!!! the other day he had found his way to the bathroom and was digging through the trash. he is constantly pulling himself up on the couches and end tables. he also is babbling a lot and is getting such a personality. he even laughs at himself when he toots...i think he gets that from his father. :)
academically: for those of you who don't know, i'm going back to get my masters through IWU. this week is orientation. it was pretty simple but next thursday starts the meaty stuff. i'm excited, but also feel a little incapable and apprehensive. it has been a long time since i've written a paper, read a textbook, and studied. i know i will struggle with time management and getting everything done that i want to get done in addition to what i have to get done. i don't want my family to be the ones who are ignored at the expense of my school work. so...prayer is appreciated! if you come to my house, please expect dirty dishes, dust, and an overall sense of disorder...ha! i hope to get into a routine and manage to keep getting my 18 hours of sleep each night! :)

physically: i'm training for a mini marathon and plan on running in the sunburst with jess in june. i'm hoping that i don't slack on this goal due to everything else i have on my plate. i'm making it public to all of my faithful readers so you can hold me accountable. side note: jess we have until march 30th to sign up at the earlier bird rate. i'm glad you are challenging me in this area!

spiritually: we have started a prayer study group on sunday nights. we had our first one last sunday and i was challenged. i'm inspired. i've already seen God work. sometimes i think i forget the POWER in prayer. often times i do it because i feel i have to and i do it without urgency and expectation. this study is opening my eyes and reminding me of the power and the access we have to God through prayer.

change is happening...and i'm embracing it! :) what changes are you going through?

5 comments:

The McWhirts said...

how wonderful that you are going through so many changes in life and that you are embracing them all! i will pray that at your most challenging moments you will find the motivation you need and feel encouraged by others to keep going strong!

your prayer group sounds so inspiring! i'm sure God will do some neat things among your group! Greyson looks like such a little man in that picture :) did you take it? it's a good one!

Jess said...

this was such a wonderful post! first, GREYSON is such a little man now...crazy! He is so ADORABLE!!! Second, Congrats on your schooling! You will totally figure it out and I know John will be very helpful. We are always available to help out where needed...babysitting, house pick up..etc. Don't tell Amos I volunteered him for picking up another house :) But seriously, anything :) Third, Yeah I am so excited we are running together. You will totally beat me, and you are the one pushing me! But it will be so fun and a great goal! And fourth, your prayer time sounds amazing!!! There have been three times where I prayed to God in the evenings (really focusing) and instead of having panic attacks in the morning as usual about something I worry about :)...I was calm...it was AMAZING! Prayer works! :) Real quick: Change in my life? Jenn being gone, and my improvement of quality time with Amos and the kids!!!! Awesome!

Alicia said...

You do have a lot on your plate right now! Wow!! But I know that once you get your routine figured out, you will be fabulous! :) And also, I have not seen Greyson's 9 month pictures. Did you take them? We're having Landon's 3 month done this week.
Changes are crazy. My biggest one is getting ready for a little baby girl and how to manage 2 babies this summer!! :)

Sarah said...

you have a lot going on! the prayer group sounds like a great idea. I'm sure God will show you some wonderful things!
I'll be praying for you as you go back to school and learn how to manage everything on your plate! How cool that you're going to run in the Sunburst...you'll do great!

Victoria said...

You are an amazing person to take on so much at one time, but I know you can handle all of it with a big smile still on your face. I admire you for all your doing. Jamie and I are also available if you need any help with ANYthing! Greyson looks so adorable. Where's the little guy I saw last time? He's a little person now :) It's amazing and exciting how fast they grow up, isn't it?!