last weekend the six of us traveled to chicago. we stayed downtown at embassy suites. john, kenna, and greyson enjoyed the pool while me and the littles played in the room. it was late by the time they came back to the room so we ordered take out from houlihans and had a picnic in our room. all six of us slept in the same room. the twins were up more than normal but overall did pretty well.
shedd aquarium was a blast. there are so many neat creatures to look at. the kids and i touched a stingray. greyson loved it but it was quite traumatic for kenna. she was a little hesitant so i pushed her hand down which scared the stingray who then splashed and soaked kenna's face and hair. of course she started crying and everyone was looking at her. one lady came up and told her she was so lucky because only special people get splashed. this lady's pep talk didn't really help but it was a nice gesture.
the twins did fantastic the entire time. i think it's easier to travel when they are younger and not mobile. :) before we left we sat by the lake and let the kids run around. it was so peaceful and a great way to end our trip.



3 comments:
I love that you had a great family trip!!! I agree with you that traveling with babies was much easier than when they were on the move. It looks like an incredible time!!
Oh I loved hearing about the great time you all had in Chicago! What a great family vacation!!! And I also enjoyed hearing more about Easton and Graham in the previous post. They are such cuties...just like the rest of your kiddos :). Such a great family!!! x
I'm so glad your trip went well! The kids look like they had a great time. I love that Chicago is so close, you can go over the weekend!
Post a Comment