bedtime is such a special time between parents and children. i can still remember my parents tucking me into bed, saying bedtime prayers, and getting goodnight kisses. putting greyson to bed is something i look forward to and rarely pass on the opportunity to spend those last few special moments of the day with him.
he usually prays first and then i finish. the other night he prayed:
"Dear God, thank you for this day.
Thank you for mamaw and papaw.
Thank you for Randy and Popcorn.
Thank you for cement trucks and work.
Amen."
his prayer made me smile and even laugh a bit. greyson has been surrounded by hard working individuals and he loves "working" with them. he is into tools and working hard. when he plays, he goes to "work". he was drawn to randy and popcorn the first time he saw them working on our basement and grandpa's garage. it will be interesting to see if his love of work stays with him as he gets older. :)
he has also started asking for "one more kiss" at night, which really turns into many more kisses. it melts my heart. :)
after kissing him on the lips, he says "one more kiss" and points to his forehead. i of course comply and kiss him on the forehead. then he asks for "one more kiss" and points to his cheek. again, he asks for "one more kiss" and then wants a kiss on the other cheek. usually by this time i smother him with kisses all over. he then says, "okay, mommy, go now!" the first time he did this i laughed so hard and of course walked out of his room smiling from ear to ear. i just love him so much and am thankful for the time we get to spend together during our bedtime routines. i never want to forget these precious moments between mama and son.
5 comments:
I loved this. It only furthered my desire to have a baby soon. :) I am so excited for you guys and the new addition coming! How have you been feeling physically? Also read about your post on fall - I am a little jealous of your fall experiences :) I LOVE fall and football and candles and hoodies.... I'm really missing the football and candles here. Someday I need to snuggle up one your couch with you with some candles and watch a girlie movie. It will be down the road a ways when we're back, but the two John's can take the kids out for the day :)
What an amazing post! Most parents take this time for granted and I am so happy to see that you enjoy each and every moment! That time is certainly special!
That is adorable! I love when kids love on you! It is so sweet. I'm glad bedtime is back to a precious time instead of a struggling time for you with Greyson not staying in bed.
that prayer is so sweet! greyson is so cute and i cant wait to meet your new little one!!! :)
this was definitely "sweet"! i am so glad you appreciate such moments...and i know there will be more! love you...m.e.
Post a Comment