Sunday, October 19, 2008

au homecoming

john, greyson, and i went to au homecoming this weekend. it turned out to be a lovely two hour trip as greyson slept most of the way. the sun was breathtaking as it peered over the trees in the early morning. driving there, i was able to reminisce some of the best times of my life. college was great and there are times that i miss being there. i made some of the best friends there, spent a year getting to know john better, graduated with an elementary ed degree, and made lots of lasting memories. i love AU! :)

when we got there we met up with a few of my roomies, lish and julie. we walked through the fair and around campus seeing a few old classmates. it was great spending time with these two ladies. running into our former youth pastor, dwayne was a surprise. he's a missionary in russia but was back in the states. it's always good to see him and his growing family! after that, lish parted ways and we went to red lobster with julie. after that we hit up a few stores to make our day complete. afterall, that's what we did quite frequently while we were students there! having an old navy, target, and khol's in the town you are living in is dangerous!! :) it was a great day! i'm thankful my family was able to make the trip down. thanks for meeting us there aunt lish and aunt julie! :)

6 comments:

allison said...

Ok thank you for wanting to take pictures of the baby! And I updated just for you : )

Paul said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time at homecoming. It was kind of sad for me this year because it was the first time I wasn't able to go.

So did you introduce Greyson to his future dorm room in Dunn Hall? :-)

Jess said...

What a great time!!! I loved college too and we had a great time when we went back a few weekends ago! How fun to remember all the great times!!!

Alicia said...

Love the new background...it looks so professional! :) Glad to see that you all had a good weekend! College has so many great memories.

walkingcloser said...

wow! sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! i love the pictures!!!

Unknown said...

How did I miss you guys? I was there too walking around. I suppose we weren't walking in the same places at the same time. Sad day.